2019 Reading Challenges
It is almost the new year and I am taking part in several reading challenges in 2019. In the past, I have only ever done one but I enjoyed doing it. There are so many different challenges that I had a hard time deciding which ones to do and which ones not to do. There is even one that will certainly take me more than a year to complete. I plan on setting up a Goodreads shelf for each of these as well as Pinterest boards. I will also do monthly updates. So, consider this my official sign up for the following challenges:
GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE
I did this one this year and completed it with little problem. It has not year began but when it does I am doubling the number of books from last year. I should be able to complete it easily. With the book reviews as well as the challenges I don’t think there will be a problem.
AUDIOBOOK CHALLENGE 2019
This is the first time I’m participating in this challenge. since prior to 2018, I didn’t think I audiobooks really worked for me. I don’t listen to these as often as I would like to. To be honest I just get so busy but I am going to work towards listening a little more often. I realize there are so many moment when I could be listening to a book. I was in the car with my sis in-law recently and she was listening to a podcast while we were going down the road. It was one of those true-crime ones and it really struck me. Why in the world was I not doing that? Why wasn’t I taking advantage of those moments when I was in the car alone or all of the other moment? This challenge, hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and Hot Listens.
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
I am aiming for a Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) for this challenge. We will see how it goes.
THE BAD BOYS OF ROMANCE READING CHALLENGE
This one is brought to you Delighted Reader and one I can certainly get behind. I love bad boys in a romance book. Here what you need to know about it:
The Challenge (if you choose to accept it)
Level One – 5-9 books – Capturing the Bad Boy
Level Two – 10-15 books – Engaged to the Bad Boy
Level Three – 15 books or more – Taking the Bad Boy to the Alter
Those pesky rules….
* The minimum goal is 5 books.
* The books have to feature a bad boy hero:
Rock stars, MC members, streetfighters, assassins, mafia, loners, geeks, etc.
* Only romance series are accepted. Any sub-genre of romance accepted.
* Sign up between Now – November 30, 2019.
I am striving for Level Three-Taking the Bad Boy to the Alter on this one. We will see but I am more than certain that I can reach this goal easily.
MODERN MRS. DARCY READING CHALLENGE
This one is pretty straight forward and has a pretty printable kit that she will give free to help you along. It is brought to you by Modern Mrs. Darcy and I highly recommend it. I am certain I can get through this one easily.
This one looks like fun! This one is brought to you by the gals at Under the Covers Book Blog and Peace Love Books. It is Monopoly but with romance books. There is a lot going on with this challenge and you can rad all the rules, what to do, and printable here.
Romanceopolis is a big city. There are a lot of streets, not to mention stations, tax offices and community chests. We don’t want it to be too daunting if you don’t have the time to visit every nook and cranny. So, we have constructed some levels for this challenge, so you can still complete it, even if you don’t do every square.
Now, you may start off as one level and either go up or down, that’s not an issue. You may even find yourself between levels…that’s cool too.
Let us know how you’re getting on! We plan on doing a fantastic giveaway at the end of 2019, with a prize for each level, so just make sure you keep your tracker board up to date so you can enter.
Neighborhood Squares: Instead of completing every challenge in each neighborhood, you only need to do one. For example, the Orange Neighborhood – you only need to complete Sweet Street OR Bad Boy Circus OR Erotic Eaves.
Non-Neighborhood Squares: Complete the Library squares
Total Books: 11
Neighborhood Squares: Instead of completing every challenge in each neighborhood, you only need to do two. For example, the Red Neighborhood – complete two streets out of Warriors Way, Magic Row and Creature Crescent
Non-Neighborhood Squares: Complete the Library squares, Subway squares
Total Books: 21
Neighborhood Squares: You must complete every street in each neighborhood
Non-Neighborhood Squares: Complete the Library squares, Subway squares, Transportation squares
Total Books: 29
Complete all the squares on the board, every street in the Neighborhoods and all the non-Neighborhood squares, including completing the Mystery Challenges and the Coffee Stops.
Total Books: 39
I am aiming for The Native in this one and reading at every stop on the board. I will be sharing my board with y’all once I get it set up as well as each month.
THE RORY GILMORE CHALLENGE
Okay, this one I am starting in 2019 but am more than certain that I won’t get it it finish. I am reading every book mention on The Gilmore Girls. Don’t ask why I thought I needed to do this. I am a member of the Goodreads group for this which you can find here. Also I have a printable that I downloaded to keep track. You can google the challenge and find dozens of printables for it. I promise I will show you guys the one I have later.